Thursday, July 15, 2010

They have a name for people like me

I am a Marketer's Dream. Yesterday was our first day of summer vacation at the beach, and not surprisingly, we found ourselves amidst the other beach goers in the aisles of Wal-Mart loading up on what the kids deemed "necessary". Every year, they are attracted to more and more, and every year I cave to desires for water guns, beach balls, and sand molds. But this year, I wasn't prepared for the marketing that was Toy Story.


It was everywhere. On plates, on food, on sunglasses, on pull ups. Everywhere. Quickly, the "necessities" were announced and collected as follows:
  • Toy Story Mac N Cheese $1.00
  • 2 Pac Goggles $1.50

  • Toy Story Cereal $2.68

  • Toy Story Flip flops (for him) $7.00

  • Talking Buzz Lightyear $14.86

  • Beach Barbie $5.93

  • Boat with Toys $5.00

  • Fishing Line $7.36
So, even though we spent more than we had gone in for, the look on their faces when we got back to GrandMoms house were worth it.



They call me..."sucker."

1 comment:

  1. Nope they call you Mom...one of many. I can't resist a "pleeezzz" from Cristian. I never got little somethings from the store when I was a kid (other than maybe the occasional double bubble...grape, of course), so it is important to me that he gets them every now and then. Buzz is his fave too.

    ReplyDelete

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.