Thursday, November 11, 2010

West Coast is the Best Coast

I am sure I am going to field a bit of argument from my dear East coast friends and family, but I am saying it anyway...the West Coast is the Best Coast.
When I loaded my car and headed West over ten years ago, it was this sunset I was chasing.


And, it was on this beach where I was sun bathing alone that I met Joe for the first time. The water was just as bitter cold under my feet as I remember.


And, here, at Petco Park, Home of the Padres, where we left a little piece of us behind.


It was a dozen or so wonderful friends who quickly made an unfamiliar place feel like home. Watching one of them exchange his wedding vows this weekend was a beautiful thing, and seeing he and his wife together will always make me smile.

There is something special about this place. Even ten years later, after many of us are married with children, nothing has seemed to change. The location is just as special, and the people just as dear.

I may be a girl with roots in Texas, but a piece of my heart will always be in San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.