Thursday, December 17, 2009

Wrinkles are for sheets

She reached up and grabbed my face with both hands, cocked her head to the side, frowned her brow, and pulled me in.

Kate: Mama?

Mom: Yes, Dear.

Kate (pointing to the outer side of my eye): What are those? Do you have wrinkles?

Mom: No. Wrinkles are for sheets. Those are smile lines.

Kate: Smile lines?

Mom: Yep. Smile lines are from many, many years of good fun...smiling and laughing.

Kate: Do I have smile lines?

Mom: Yes you do. When you smile. And if you keep having fun, one day you will have as many as Mommy too!

Kate: I want to! I want to!

And with that, I kissed her goodnight, turned off the light, and headed down the hall to apply the anti-wrinkle cream...just a few hours early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.