Saturday, July 16, 2011

At any age, good girlfriends are a treasure

If we have learned anything as parents, it's that we need to take time for eachother and ourselves. So, many years ago, Joe and I agreed to annual "friend" trips. In recent years, the stars have aligned such that the Chargers and the Ravens have met up in San Diego. Therefore, Joe's annual trips have tended to lead him to the West Coast to watch sports. Me, on the other hand, I enjoy relaxing coastal vacations with the girls.

This year, three of us Moms from the neighborhood headed down to Ocean City, MD, for some fun, sun, and relaxation. As with years past, I never know how much I need time with the girls until I am with them.

We enjoyed our girlie beverages.

Found a cool sushi place (no shoes!).
And indeed, relaxed on the beach. All. Day.

As with all good times and good friends, our time together caused for some good memories...

This is our friend we call MBA: It's meaning is not academic.


The Bruiser: This is me. And, the nickname? Well deserved.

This beloved is Dirty Banana: While she didn't earn this nickname on the trip, we can always count on her to break out in dance to Michael Jackson.

I had such a good time with these ladies. I look forward to next year. We are parasailing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.