Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Letter to My Daughter on her 5th Birthday...

Well, Katie, it's was five years ago today (add a few hours) that we first met. It was the greatest moment in my life. I remember the way you were taken out of mom in an emergency C-section, and how I was worried about the both of you. How pissed off you looked when you were born (like "what took you so long?"). But it was that very exact moment when we locked eyes the next evening, I knew that a special bond that would last a lifetime was made. Instantly.

So now, here we are, 5 years later. 1/2 way to double-digits. One whole hand!!

I couldn't be more proud of the sweet little girl that you have become. You care so much for your little brother (even as you make fun of him for wearing a mermaid towel). You have that charm that will take you a long way in life. You have that sparkle in your eyes that is so welcoming to everyone you meet. You showcase the love you possess for life and your friends every single day. Sometime it's when you wake up. Sometimes it's when you are telling us how much you love your best friends. A lot of times it's when we laugh together when you are supposed to be sleeping (and mom yells at us both). But you know what, Kate?? Sometimes in life you have to just go ahead and laugh anyway. No matter how many people in the house we keep awake. :)


Keep on being you, Kates. You couldn't be any more perfect in my eyes. Live, laugh and love. I love you more than you could ever imagine (and you can imagine, believe me!). Keep on making me the proudest Dad there could ever be!


Happy Birthday, Katie-bug...


Love,

Dad

1 comment:

  1. Joe, you may me all teary, what a great letter. Cannot believe sh is five.
    Hugs,
    Justine

    ReplyDelete

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.