Friday, March 6, 2009

On this day five years ago

On this day, five years ago, my best friend and I stood face to face, hand in hand, vowing to support and love one another for the rest of our lives. We had no idea what lied ahead for us, nor did we care. On that day, five years ago, it was all about the two of us.

Today, and every day since, we look back on that day and smile. Sure, our lives have changed a bit. On Friday nights, we usually head to bed at 10pm , instead of to the bar. Our cups have changed from glass to plastic, and our backseat is filled with fruit snack wrappers and lost cheerios instead of beer cans and cigarettes. But despite the fact that we have shifted into fourth gear (I am not in denial that there is a fifth), it is comforting to know I can still look over and see my best friend, right beside me, holding my hand.

Happy Anniversary, Dear!

I love you more and more with each passing day. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.