Friday, March 27, 2009

What's the magic word?

Today, Joe and I were reminded yet again of how old we are by little Kate. Not in the sense that we think we are old, but that we are truly of different generations.

Growing up, our parents taught us about good manners and good values...respect your elders, treat others as you would want to be treated, use Mr and Mrs when speaking to adults, and always say please and thank you.

In turn, Joe and I have tried to instill those same values in our children. So, tonight, when little Kate asked for a snack, I said what our parents would have said, "What's the magic word?" I expected Kate to respond with "Pleeeaaaase..." based on all our hard work encouraging good manners. But instead, she sweetly responded with..."Meesca, Moosca, Mickey Mouse!"

For those of you who don't get the humor in this, I have attached a link for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ODPtsAJXgM


I suppose I should have known Mickey Mouse would have the greater influence. ...

2 comments:

  1. That's so cute!! Jonah loves going around and saying those "magic" words too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill,

    I am really enjoying the blog. This was so cute. I completely understand. Joshua loves Mickey Mouse too! The kids are adorable!
    Debbie (Pinky)

    ReplyDelete

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.