Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mafia among us

So, I decided to tackle the medicine collection in the kitchen cabinet. A chore I had been putting off for months. With three sinus infections in the house within the last two weeks and the Fall season upon us, I decided it was time to throw away the expired medications and take inventory for what we were low on. As I pulled out the trays and started moving things around, a bug flew in from outside and landed on one of the medicine bottles. I screamed like the girl I am, dropped the bottle on the counter in front of the kiddos, grabbed the nearest napkin, and trapped the bug. Got him, I said.


Katie was so intrigued (and perhaps entertained) by what she just saw that she slid off the bar stool and followed me to the bathroom.


Kate: What are you doing, Mama?


Mom: I am going to flush this bug down the toilet, Kate.


Kate: You are?


Mom: Yep. Do you want to say a prayer for him before I do?


Kate (In her best Godfather voice): Say your prayers (pause...), BUG!


While I leaned against the sink to catch myself in laughter, she had done the deed...flush. I have no idea where she got her Mafia chops, but it was enough to cause her Dad and I to lose it in laughter. Not exactly the instruction I had given, but funny, just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.