Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mommy's in San Francisco

My precious little ones.

Leaving for this latest trip was hard. While travel has become common in recent years, for some reason this trip brought tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat. Perhaps it is because I am 3K miles away from you. Perhaps it is because this, Katie, is "Parents Week" at dance, and Daddy has to record your class in my absence. Perhaps it is simply because I love you and leaving, if even for business, doesn't seem fair. Especially, Conor, when you do this...
So, Mommy decided that while she can't physically pack (I mean take) you along, I would tell you about the places I visit. This is my last trip of the year, but know that from now on, I will bring the places I visit to you.

With that...let me introduce you to San Francisco, CA.

San Francisco is in Northern, CA. Up the coast a ways from the place your Mommy and Daddy met, fell in love, and got married. It is a colorful, busy, city with many, many hills. Hills so steep your Uncle B-Rad wouldn't even attempt them with his longboard.
Hill so steep, that in some places, stairs have been built into the sidewalk.
Mommy arrived late last night, and as a result slept in the time change this morning. I was hoping to endulge myself in some sushi for lunch, as San Francisco is known for it's fresh fish. However, most sushi bars didn't open until 5pm, so Mommy settled on her second choice and love...Mexican. Better yet...burritos.
The people of San Francisco seem friendly, sending their hellos and wishes for a good day.
Some, so joyful, they even share a song or two loudly with the people in the streets.
While walking around the city, I noticed many of the older men prefer to wear their hair longer (although some more incognito than others).
The Hotel Mommy is staying at is very nice. I even have a "Mommy Bed" to keep me warm.
As a courtesy, the Hotel I am staying at welcomes the furriest of pets, and provides them water upon arrival, free of charge.
Interesting, considering I will be billed for my stay and $3.50 for each bottle of water I choose to consume. Sheesh.
After work concluded this evening, Mommy found a nice little place, and satisfied her craving for sushi. It was yummy!
Hungry for exercise, I then walked a few blocks towards Fisherman's Wharf, up to Nob Hill, and found a great view of the Golden Gate Bridge at night. The Golden Gate Bridge has the seventh longest main span in the World, and while it appears Red in color, it is actually Orange. I hope to break away from work at some point this week to bring you a picture of the Bridge in daylight. It is so spectacular, Mommy still remembers visiting it when she was a little girl.
Mommy then walked down to Union Square, and found herself amidst many, many shops. Since you both know I am not the best shopper (where are you friends when I need you?), I instead found the Street Car Depot. Conor, you would have loved watching the street cars pass. They moved slowly along the tracks just like your trains, and gave a soft dinner bell ring when passing each intersection. While the two of you have never known "Mr. Rogers" or "Three's Company", trust me when I tell you seeing the street cars brought memories of watching these shows as a kid.
It was a beautiful night to be out exploring the city. But, my favorite part was talking to you two on the phone. I love you both dearly. Be good for your Daddy.
I love you. Hugs and Kisses.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.