Friday, November 20, 2009

Spreading cheer one floor at a time

Today was like so many others this past year. I quickly ended a conference call, grabbed my purse, squealed out of the driveway, and swooped Conor up from Ms Marci's for yet another Friday afternoon Doctor's appointment.

I remember when Katie was this age. It was the first time I thought to myself, "Being a Mom is so much fun". Yes, it had been wonderful, fulfilling, and so on...but it was the first time it was truely FUN. And, now two years later, I am getting to enjoy "eighteen months" all over again with our son. It's still so much FUN.

Eighteen months is the age where you can stroll with them down the sidewalk. Run out for errands and not have to worry about sippy cups or bottles because there is always a snack or beverage for purchase nearby. It's the age where they understand what makes you laugh, and begin to explore all the wonders of life...worms, leaves, trash. Ewww. Did I just say this was fun?

So, as we left the Docs office, we strolled down the hall, finger and hand towards the elevator. We stopped at the window to admire the view from the top floor, and left a few fingerprints before the doors of the elevator opened and Conor led me in. Once closed, his mouth dropped, eyes widened, both hands flew over his head, and then slammed down iluminating every floor button. "Oooooohhhh! he yelled with enthusiasm.

You know that scene in the movie "Elf" where Will Ferrell is in the elevator of the Empire State Building, and hits all the buttons admiring how they iluminate the shape of a Christmas tree.? For those of you who have never seen this incredibly comical movie, allow me to enlighten you...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOCCHKzyqnI

I couldn't help but share in his joy (and be a bit thankful)...

1. The building we were in only had three floors. Whew.
2. Someone had some forethought, placing the RED Emergency stop button way above his reach.
Yes, I just love this age...Ding...So FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.