Monday, May 24, 2010

Sweet Dreams

This post is for me. Just me.

As most Moms, I am usually the first to rise and the last to fall around our house. The house begins to settle around 8:30pm when the first toddler closes his eyes, and the dogs begin walking in circles over the place they will commit to for the night. Then, slowly...one hour at a time...the house becomes quiet until it's just me and the sound of letters rebounding from the keyboard.

On this evening, I sent my last e-mail, dimmed the lights in the office, made my rounds to ensure the house was secure, and headed for my last task of the day...kisses good night.

Under the shadows of your nightlights, I found you both sweetly dreaming. After opening and closing both your bedroom doors, I walked down the hall feeling completly full of love. I decided I had one more thing to do tonight...tell you both that I have the best job in the world, and am so lucky to be your Mom. Kisses Goodnight are my favorite. I love you.

This post is all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.