Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Simply perfect

You know those days where you fall back on your pillow feeling completely fulfilled? When you just feel good? Peaceful even? I had one of those days yesterday.
The day started like any other...I hit play on the BluRay to commence the chaos that is Looney Tunes while I dragged myself into the kitchen with a load of laundry. Only, on this morning, my husband had made it down before me. Stretched across the table on multiple 8.5 x 11 pieces of paper, were the words "HAPPY BIRTHDAY", with these hand written coupons attached.




Now, I like flowers and jewelry like any girl. But, these creative gestures, melt my heart. Like butter.

Fast forward...After our work days had come to an end, and dinner was cleaned up, we had a sundae picnic with friends on the living room floor. Then, we decided to head down to the Lake at sunset.




The kiddos squealed in delight as the ducks fought over their crumbled offerings.


Except for Conor. He wasn't much for sharing.


We saw birds...

And frogs...

And enjoyed a summer stroll with friends.

It was the perfect end to the perfect beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.