Monday, June 7, 2010

You say it better

It was 8:30pm on Monday night. Bedtime. Little Kate decides she needs to talk to Mom Mom. If we hadn't tried to call without success twice already, I would have postponed the request another day. But, instead, I handed her the ringing phone.

"Hi, Mom Mom..."

From my office, I could hear their conversation. They talked about the weather, their dogs, school, summer, her upcoming dance recital, and a string of other things like the piggy bank that sat on her dresser or how she "threw up" in the car. I think she may have even gotten in a rough twenty seconds with Pop Pop.

If you ask me one day what you were like at this age, I could describe you. But, your words from this one conversation with Mom Mom tonight say it so much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.