Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What's for dinner?

I knew when I married my husband that I would never starve. Pick up wet towels from bed posts for the rest of my life....maybe. But, starve? Never. He is a WONDERFUL cook, and creative even when we desperatly need to go the food store, and I have declared there to be "no food in the house". He finds food, throws it together, and makes a delicious meal. Every time.

Now, don't get me wrong. I enjoy cooking. But, I am not afraid to recognize my weaknesses. And cooking...well, it's on the list. At the top. Maybe top three.

Anyway, yesterday it was one of those evenings when I decided I was going to cook. And true to my Texas roots...I was cooking Chili. Note to self: One cannot put dry beans in the chili at 5:30 and expect to eat at 6:30. The prep time is a tad bit longer. Ahem.

So, tonight, we all sat around the dinner table to enjoy my very slow cooked chili and cornbread. Yum! Only, as I closed my eyes and went to take my first bite, Kate says...

Mom, are we having poop for dinner?

God love her. At least she didn't say she hated it. I think I'll stick to laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.