Thursday, September 30, 2010

Something Magical

It has been at least 25 years since I have stepped foot in DisneyWorld. I was amazed. I was awed. I am exhausted. While I am here on business, and didn't have too much time for play, I was able to find out some pretty cool facts about Disney. And, as I promised last year, this trip has me sharing with you the magic of Disney through my adult eyes.
Kids, Mommy is staying at the Beach Club.
It's heaven. This is the view from the end of the backyard. The sandy beach overlooks the Boardwalk ahead.

At night, they display Disney movies on big screens, roast smores over an open fire, and the kids splash and laugh, while falling down the slide that twists around the large mast of a ship wrecked on the beach.
All of this, while the fireworks decorate the sky during the nine o'clock hour. It's a beautiful thing to see.

Every day, my room was refreshed with new towels in the shapes of all things Disney...Mickey himself, a monkey from the Animal Kingdom, and what I believe was the Eiffel Tower advertising their Paris Disney location.
So cool! I can't wait for us to try this at home!

From hotel to hotel, Disney is known for hiding Mickey Mouse shapes in their decor. Here are just a few I took a moment to capture.
The two on the top are the rugs in the Animal Kingdom and the Beach Club. The bottom left is the wallpaper at the Beach Club, and the bottom right, the corner of the TV in the Animal Kingdom. It's an ongoing scavenger hunt I can't wait to play with the both of you when we make our first trip as a family of four!

Since DisneyWorld is located in Orlando, Florida, and Florida is known for Alligators, I was on the look out. While this little guy (in the back) tried to get me to feed him...

Please remember this little fact. People shouldn't feed alligators because it causes them to lose their fear of humans. Creepy.

As I pack up my bags and close the blinds on Disney for the last time tonight, know that I love you this much
and can't wait to see you at home!


Love you. Always.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.