Monday, March 28, 2011

A new beginning

There are moments in our lives we remember. Moments that impact us in some way and change us forever. For me, some of those include moving to California after college, meeting my husband, our wedding day, the birth of our children, Kate's first broken bone...and so on. With each, I remember where I was, how I felt, and many, many random details of the moment. On March 23, Conor was diagnosed with a severe case of Apraxia, a neurological speech disorder requiring an hour of speech therapy daily. Like so many moments before, I will remember where we were, and how I felt. I will remember that after leaving Hershey Medical Center's Pediatric Pavilion we shared many smiles over chicken nuggets and french fries at Wendy's and then spent the next couple of hours exploring the sweet smells of Hershey's Chocolate World...just the two of us. It was special. He is special. I have so much hope for this little guy, and am anxious to witness his progress in the months to come. To be sure we can celebrate and share it with him in the years ahead, this is the first entry on his journey. This is Conor two weeks shy of his third birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.