Friday, February 6, 2009

Girl Talk


The night before last, Joe and I watched the girls next store for a couple of hours. The three girls range in age from 2 1/2 years to 4 years. When they arrived, they sat at the kitchen table for dinner, and the conversation was observed as follows:

Kate: I like your tights (dance), Addie.

Addie: I got them at the mall.

Anna: Giggle, giggle..

Kate: You did? You got them at the mall? At a store?

Dad (Joe): Did you get your shoes at the mall, too?

Anna: Giggle, giggle...

Addie: No, not at the mall. I got them at the shoe store.

Katie: You got them at the shoe store? Giggle, giggle, giggle...

My husband and I were in hysterics over the young conversation and interest. Tights and shoes at 2 1/2 and 4? Either we are in trouble, or they are speaking in some mischevious code we don't understand (and giggling about our stupidity).

The comedy followed us to the basement for princess dress up and dance class. Then, it continued upstairs to the bathtub. The kids had a great time. Even little man Conor...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.