Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New Eyes

If you have (or have had) toddlers, you can understand they will use every trick in the book to get out of bed at night...

...I need some water...

...I need to get some socks...

...I need to go to the bathroom...

You get the idea. These are just a few of the common (and nightly) requests. Last night, we untucked our little one, marched behind her to the bathroom (for the second time), plopped her up on the potty, and waited. Since it was after 9am, and she had been rubbing her eyes in exhaustion for half an hour, they were red and swollen. The conversation that followed was as follows:

Kate: Mommy, my eyes hurt.

Mom: It is because they are tired. They are red and need some rest. When you close them, they will feel better.

Kate: No, Mommy. I need new eyes.

Mom: We only get one pair, Dear. We have to take care of the ones we have.

Kate: Hmmm... (deep in thought). Yes!

I love the logic of toddlers. If it is broken, fix it. If it is not working, get new batteries. If your eyes hurt, get new ones. If everything was so simple. Too funny...


1 comment:

  1. Very funny! Jonah always tells me he needs to "Go talk to his daddy" and then say's "I'll be right back" when he wants to get out of bed. And everything is fixed in our house with either a bandaid or batteries! :)

    ReplyDelete

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.