Monday, February 23, 2009

GrandMom's Friend

I know I have written before about our nightly bedtime routine. So this time, imagine that we have already been to the bathroom, brushed our teeth, gotten some water, read two stories, taken our pants off, put some socks on, tucked Minnie in, given Joe Dog a good night kiss, and have turned off the light. Despite all my efforts, little Kate still had one last request...a good night kiss from her Daddy. I took a deep breath and sat on the bed to explain that Daddy was on the phone with "Pop" and would come give her a kiss good night when he was done talking to "Pop".

In the sweetest voice, she innocently asked, "Pop? (pause) GrandMom's friend?"

I opened my mouth to explain, but quickly broke into a smile instead. After all, she was right. I tucked her in and left the room silently laughing so hard that tears filled my eyes. I could barely relay the story to "my friend", Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.