Friday, February 20, 2009

Yellow and Blue make Green

I have said it before, and I will say it again. We are lucky. Our oldest was potty trained at 2 years. There was no sticker chart or reward candy offers. We simply gave her some Princess panties, and that was it. However, yesterday it happened. I received a phone call requesting a change of clothing. She had an accident. This has only happened a few times since her second birthday, with the last being over four months ago. So, I grabbed a new pair of pants and headed over to Ms. Marci's.

When I arrived, I asked, "What happened, Kate?" I peed in my panties, she said. "Why did you pee in your panties?" I replied. "Because the water was BLUE" she mumbled. That is when it hit me. Ms Marci had put 2000 Flushes in her toilet, and the BLUE color in the water was too much for little Kate to handle. She opted to hold her bladder and pee in her pants instead of peeing on the toilet with the BLUE water.

So, like any mother would have done, I proceeded to explain how Ms Marci has "Magic water" in her toliet. When you pee in the magic water, it turns from BLUE to GREEN. "Magic?" she asked. "Magic!" I replied. And with that, our Science lesson was over and Katie proceeded to visit (and giggle at) the toilet at least once an hour. I am so glad I was paying attention in Middle School Science class. You really do use those lessons later in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.