Friday, April 3, 2009

K-A-T-I-E...Katie is just like me!

For those of you who know me well, skip to the second paragraph below. For those of you who do not, let me explain something about myself...

I love music and always have! When I was younger, I prefered to dance to music or use a song to explain one adolescent feeling or another. As I grew older and moved out West, I found a love for the melody and lyrics of a song. So much so that I bought a guitar, and still have a dream to one day play it well. Today, I still love music. While I am not dancing anymore, I always have a song playing in the house or in the car, try to catch a live show here and there, and still love a good lyric. With kids though, I have found a new talent (according to Joe). I have combined my love of music with my ability to rhyme. After all, isn't that what songs are? Little stories...little rhymes...

My little jingles have entertained the kids over the last few years, whether Kate was peeing on the potty, playing on the slide, splashing in the bath, brushing her teeth, and so on. Recently, we have been teaching Katie how to spell and write her name. So, yes, I thought this too was appropriate to sing about. And with that came...

K-A-T-I-E...Katie is the name for me!

She loved it so much, she immediately requested I deliver one for Daddy, Mommy, and Conor (thankfully, she stopped there because I was running out of creativity). Last night, we were singing our latest release of jingles and when we got to Daddy, she sang the following...

D-A-D-D-Y...Daddy is a Super guy! (giggle, giggle, smile, giggle, giggle)

What is great about this jingle is that it was all her own. It was different than the one I came up with days before. Her Dad was so impressed with her creation, he responded with a proud, "Thanks, Kate".

Her Daddy is a "Super Guy", but I think she takes after her Momma (wink, wink).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.