Wednesday, April 22, 2009

You are the best thing

Dearest Joe-

As I left for Chicago this afternoon, and drove the eighty mile trek down to the Baltimore/Washington Airport, I admired the beauty of Spring on the Pennsylvania/Maryland border. The trees were all baring their new, green leaves, and the highway median flourished with petite, yellow flowers. The sun was slowly breaking through the clouds, which caused me to open the sunroof and enjoy the coolness of the Spring air.

I reached into the passenger seat and rummaged through the plethora of CDs scattered about. I will admit, this time, I was thankful for your lack of organization as it made getting to the good stuff a lot easier.

I am not sure if it was the immaturity of the flowers or the fresh smell of the air following the afternoon rain that left me feeling like a school girl in love. Perhaps, it was a combination of both. I miss you already.

Then, came this song bellowing from the speakers…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpJnBDzSXo0

Happy Birthday, Dear!

Before I draw the curtains on Chicago tonight and tuck myself in, I want you to know, “You are the best thing that ever happened to me!” I wish you a wonderful day and am looking forward to spending the day with you at Fanfest on Saturday. Enjoy your birthday. You deserve it! XOXO

Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.