Saturday, April 25, 2009

My cup runneth over

Since I shared my ride out of town with you on Wednesday, I only thought it balanced that I share my ride back home with you. So, as I drove home last night and called the house to report my arrival, I had the following conversation...

Katie: Hi, Mommy!

Mom: Hi, Kate.

Katie: I miss you, Mommy. You need to come home.

Mom: I am coming home, sweetie. Mommy is at the airport.

Katie: Why are you at the airport?

Mom: I came home on a big plane. I was at work.

Katie: Mommy, I miss you. You need to come home.

Mom: I love you, honey, and will be home soon.

Katie: I want to go to the airport to get Mom Mom and Pop Pop.

Mom: Soon, honey. Soon. I will be home soon.

Katie: You need to come home, Mommy. Richie said I need to clean up my toys.

Mom: He did? Well, maybe you should help clean up.

Katie: Well (thinking about my answer)....you need to come home, Mommy. I miss you.

Mom: I am coming home, dear. Mommy is driving her car now.

Katie: You need to sleep with Daddy tonight.

Mom: Okay, honey. Tell Daddy Mommy will sleep with him.

Katie (to Daddy): Mommy will sleep with you, Daddy.

Daddy (in background): Thanks, Kate.

Katie: Mommy, I sleep with you too. You need to come home. Where are you, Mommy?

Mom: I am driving my car, Kate. I will be home soon. I missed you, honey. I love you.

Kate: I missed you, too, Mommy. I love you. You worked on a big plane?

For ten minutes, the conversation continued...I learned about her day at Marci's, how she had an accident outside, that Conor was asleep, she went on a walk, and so on...

I am so lucky to have been blessed with this family and all its love. My cup runneth over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.