Friday, May 29, 2009

A traveling mind

I have traveled to State College, Pa, Florida, and Texas nine out of the last eleven days, and as a result have had quite a bit of time to reflect. In short, I have learned the following:

  • 1. I "LUV" Southwest Airlines! The free drink coupons, great customer service, lack of baggage fees, and comic relief has yet to be matched by any other airline.
  • 2. Pennsylvania is just as beautiful in the Spring as it is in the Fall, and graduates of Penn State are proud to be Alums!

  • 3. It doesn't matter where we go or what we do, quality time spent with the best of friends is priceless.

  • 4. Although I don't agree with everything I have said or done, it's important to embrace my past and understand it is what has made me who I am today.

  • 5. Family is my biggest supporter, and one of my strongest values. No matter what I have chosen to do or try, they have always been there to encourage my successes and cushion my failures. I am truly fortunate and so appreciative.

  • 6. My Mother has a big heart, and a kind ear. As I stood in a crowded room of women describing how they knew my Mother, I witnessed the impact her friendship has had on people, and recognize how rare it is to be able to fill a room with lifetime friends.

  • 7. The older I get, the more I am able to laugh and embrace my imperfections. Aubrae, I am starting to believe 31 is the new 21!

  • 8. My MiMi is one remarkable woman. She has a silent strength, courage, poise, generosity, and love like no one I have ever known.

  • 9. I enjoy long conversations at the table with my Father so much more now than I did when I was a teen. Turns out, he just might know a few things.
  • 10. My husband was everything I wasn't looking for in a guy, yet everything I ever dreamed of. I could not be more thankful for the man, father, and husband I wake up next to every day. He is the best thing that ever happened to me!

Whether I was in Nittany Lion Country, at Universal with the Golden Girls, or playing with jewelry in Texas, one final thought crossed my mind as I drove home this afternoon...

Nothing, and I mean nothing, beats the embrace and love from a child (or two).

I am so glad to be home!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, It was so good to see you Thursday night! You did a GREAT job! I know your Mom was very proud of you! Thank you for coming here to do the show for us! I am sure the kids were glad to have you back home though! I am so glad that your Mom and I shared having grandkids at the same time. I love following the blog!

    Thanks again,
    Debbie (Pinky)

    ReplyDelete

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.