Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I may have developed a little addiction...

Yes, it's true...I may have developed a little addiction...

Ever since Conor was born, I started eyeing up coupons...diapers, Formula, wipes, Aveeno lotion for his senstive skin...it all adds up. However, I think I need help. I may have developed a little addiction.

It started innocently with a little coupon cutting, and eyeing up the weekly grocery specials. Then, I moved up to gas points. If you buy certain products at our local grocer, the points go towards FREE gas! Well, at $2.49 a gallon, that motivated me. So, after racking up free gas week after week, I graduated to the Bonus Bucks at CVS, and have now figured out how to get beauty products for free. In just four weeks, I have collected more toothpaste, body wash, lotion, deodorant, and sunscreen than I will admit. And, excluding my first purchase, have not spent more than $15 for any of it. Can you believe that? It's true!

Next, I found myself driving to grocery stores outside of my local area where they "double your dollars" and give money back instead of gas! Yes, they do! We spend on average $200 every two weeks on groceries for a family of four. Would you believe I walked out with $600 in groceries for $270? When paying bills this week, I had an extra $200 because we hadn't been to the grocery store in three weeks! And, I am still stocked for at least three more weeks...another $200! Unbelievable! It was like Christmas in June!

Today, I began surfing thrifty blogs for the latest coupons, and found myself shopping at KMart for the first time in my life. Why you ask? KMart was doubling all coupons up to $2 this week, and I wanted a piece of the action...yep, you guessed it...diapers, trash bags, razors...would you believe I paid $24 for $85 worth of merchandise. This can't be legal.

All of this savings has opened up my eyes to the value of a coupon. Why isn't everyone doing this? With just $200 extra a month towards our mortgage, I could shave 11 years off and 80K dollars off our mortgage. Hello? Again, why isn't everyone doing this?

I think either I need therapy, or everyone else needs to get in on the savings. Hoping for the latter, I am sharing some of my new favorite blogs for coupon savings (Thanks, Marci).


dealseeking Mom.com


heyitsfree.net


retailmenot.com


Enjoy...and happy saving!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jill! I never comment but I do stop by and check in every once in awhile. I love the videos of your kids, they are precious. I just bought my niece the same dress Kate is wearing in the last one! Don't be ashamed on coupons, they are wonderful. I have used the CVS rewards for some time now, but I wish SA had a grocery store that did double coupons. Maybe Austin does...it would totally be worth the drive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. try
    babycheapskate.com and freebies4mom.com, they are the BOMB
    I am the same - will not buy anything unless its with a coupon, sale or something free. Im a master. CVS is pretty good and I work it all the time. I will include you from now on when I find something good.

    Are you a member of mypoints? you get gift cards for buying things online and reading emails. I score tonnes of stuff its embarassing and have been doing it for years. I will forward you a referal email.
    Justine

    ReplyDelete

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.