Friday, June 26, 2009

Kids, worms, and Tequila...

Yesterday afternoon, I corraled the wild kiddos into the backyard for some summer evening fun while our wonderful Daddy started work on the patio wall. Conor kept picking up the shovel and hollaring "Yah" "Yah" "Ugh" "Yah", which I am sure is young toddler for "let me help you, Dad!".

Meanwhile, Kate jumped barefoot into the large dirt pile Daddy was making in the corner of the yard, and made herself comfortable. She proceeded to find a Mommy, Daddy, and brother worm, all identified appropriately for their size when compared to one another.

The worm she befriended as her favorite (was it the brother?) was then marched all around the yard serenaded with the sweet sounds of Lady and the Tramp...

"He's a Tramp...He's a scoundrel...breaks a new heart...everyday...(is this the "brother" worm she is singing to?)....He's a Tramp, but I love him, and I wish that I could travel his waaaayyy." Did I mention, we are so proud when she sings this song in public?

Katie then proceeded to volunteer the worm for a game of "tickle, tickle, tickle", followed by a ride down the slide...by himself (again, assuming it was the "brother" worm).

As I sat observing. I couldn't help but feel for the poor little worm. If I was a worm, I would pick the Tequila bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.