Monday, June 22, 2009

My BIG FAT belly

You know that saying, "Out of the mouth of babes?" Well, our little babe sure threw one at me last night. What you must know is that little Kate has always been fascinated with "the belly". Perhaps it started with my second pregnancy with her brother? After all, my body stretched to an unbelievable size (I will let the picture below speak for itself)...



No ones knows why she likes them, but she does. Whether you are playing a game of "Bore a Hole", or chasing her down for a tickle, she loves to expose her belly. Most recently, she has enjoyed planting loud zerberts (that loud gassy sound you make by placing your lips on skin) on any belly she can access.

Last night, Conor was her first target. We were all in stiches as Conor leaned back, and let her lay into him one after the other, laughing the whole time. Then, she set her eyes on me. I was laying on my back on the floor, when she came over and lifted my shirt, exposing my belly. Instead of planting a zerbert, she instead felt obligated to pound my belly like a drum and say, "Look at your big fat belly!"


Again, we all broke out in laughter. While, I would disagree that my belly is not as big and fat as it once was...I do love it just as it is. That big fat belly yielded two of the most precious...honest...children. I am so thankful to my BIG, FAT belly!

1 comment:

  1. LOL...that's too funny! Jonah is obsessed right now with giving Meredith "rasberries" as we call them on her belly. He also loves exposing his belly and he always wants to see everyone's belly button! The belly obsession must be a 3 year old thing!!

    ReplyDelete

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.