Sunday, August 9, 2009

A laundry washing, painful singing, Princess!

So after driving around on Wednesday with the kids, I learned quite a bit about myself from my daughter. After dance class, I was driving with the radio cranked, singing to my favorite songs when little Kate loudly said...

"Mommy! Stop that singing! You are making my ears hurt!"

Then, as she was standing in her closet picking out a dress to put on, she exclaimed..

"Mommy! Did you wash my dresses? Thank you! Great job, Mommy! Thank you!"

Finally, as I tucked her into bed, she cuped my chin as she often does, and softly whispered...

"You're a Princess, Mommy. I love you."

So, in a few short hours, my daughter taught me that while I will never be signed to a record label (I guess I should keep my day job), I have quite a skill at washing clothes and that in her eyes, that makes me a Princess! I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.