Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blame it on your childhood


When I was a kid, I had a similar bookshelf. It was blue, green, white, and was made of partical board. The top housed the shelfs lined with my favorite friends...Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, Monchichi, and Cabbage Patch. The bottom was a toy chest with slanted doors which slid from side to side with the help of your finger and a small cut out hole.

My Mimi was into clowns at the time. So, I had the occasional stuffed clown sitting there, too. I remember watching Poltergeist, and then secretly disposing of all clowns in the room. They still give me the creeps.

So, yesterday, I flashed back to that moment of fear when the following occured...

Kate: (yelling) You're bad! Very, very bad!

Mom: (listening from the other room)

Kate: Get out of here. You're bad, BAD!

Mom: (walking into Kate's room). What is going on, Kate?

Kate: (pointing in the direction of the bear) That bear is bad, Mommy!

Mom: What?

Kate: That bear is BAD! We need to give it to the Boys and Girls.

Mom: Which one?

Kate: That one! That bear is BAD! (Pointing to last year's Valentine bear that was now upside down in the corner of her room)

When I picked it up and turned it around...I raised an eyebrow. She has a point, no?

Just like those clowns I still refuse to let in my house, so too, has the bear been removed.

Creepy...

1 comment:

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.