Thursday, January 21, 2010

Leftovers please

Tis true. Our kids love, and I mean LOVE, leftover night. Contrary to when I was a kid and leftover night was...well...just that...leftovers. Nuked and re-served. These days with the help of a few too many Parenting magazines, leftovers can become oh so many things.
Tonight, they became...Party Pizza (insert jazz hands)!

I just love how Conor is rolling up his sleeves in this picture! Bring it on!

Okay, so I am sure many have done this. It's simple really. But, because the kids were so darn cute pulling it all together (and it's my blog), I will explain. You start with one item...be it leftovers, food set to expire, mold (you just spoon out that part). Kidding. Heh.

For me, I had some Pillsbury Pizza dough that was set to expire. And if you know my shopping habits, you know me throwing away food is not an option. It doesn't happen. So, I decided we would start there. Next, we added the leftover Pasta sauce from Tuesday night followed by lots and lots of cheese. Proudly quoting her Dad, Kate says, "You can never use too much cheese".

Then, we added leftovers upon leftovers. Brace yourself...here come the toppings...hot dogs, sausage, broccoli, and olives. Yes, we put hot dogs on the pizza. It's a party (insert jazz hands), remember?

As gross as it sounds, it didn't turn out half bad and they ate it with so much pride, high fives were offered all around. Not too shabby for our first try. Now, if I could only figure out what to do with the stir fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.