Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Toddlers Tale

Here we go! We loaded up this weekend and headed down the Eastern shore to visit GrandMom and Pop. They, like many of their friends, were gearing up to migrate South for February, and we wanted to see them before they left.

Dad says the off season is one of the best times to go to the beach because nobody is there. So, we decided to venture out and make the most of our time and the empty little beach town.

We started by visiting the wild ponies on Assateague Island! So cool!

This one looks like my sister...always posing for a picture.
Dad says there are 150 ponies on the island, but we only saw a handful that day. Despite Kate's repeated calls to them, they didn't seem to want to play. Mom says they were huddled together as a family in the brush, trying to keep warm. I guess ponies need to nap too.
Next, we headed over to the boardwalk arcade. Mom said they had the best rides, and she was right! Dad and I scored a bunch of tickets in "Knock Down", while my sister chose to ride "Dino" the Dinosaur. Dad and I got so many tickets, we turned them in for a little car for me and a Princess wand for my sister. It was so much fun! On our way to grab Thrashers fries, we passed by Ripleys and saw this....


Awesome! I love sharks!


When we were leaving, the wind was so rough, Mom caught this picture of the Coast Guard Boat almost tipping over! The waves were huge!

When we got home, we put our jammies on and laughed about all the fun we had.


Then, we loaded up the car and headed back home to PA. Mom says when she was a kid, she used to go on road trips with Uncle Brad, just like me and my sister do. She said Uncle Brad used to sleep on the floor board and play "Slug Bug" the whole time. I still can't figure out how they saw bugs at night?

Gotta go...Finding Nemo is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.