Thursday, January 28, 2010

Celebrating toilets

Jump to your feet, throw your arms straight above your head, stomp your feet, begin turning in circles, and start chanting...cele-brate, cele-brate in your fastest, most Soprano of a voice...

This was the sound and scene in the kids bathroom tonight.

You see, we have a few routines around here. I'm a planner like that. Our nightly bathing ritual for the kids begins with them stripping down to their bare bums, laundry thrown in the baskets, a quick visit to the loon, and finally a dip in the tub. Conor is at the age where he does everything (and I mean everything) his sister does. She puts on a costume, he puts on a costume. She wants a drink, he wants a drink. She puts on panties, he....you get the idea. So, we got to the third step of our bathing routine (the toilet) tonight, and as he has done so many times before, our little Con Man sat on the trainer toilet in front of the throne of his sister and attempted the almighty. Since this scene was not unusual, my attention was averted to the temperature of the tub water when I heard..."Mommy! Look at Conor!"

Yowser! He was peeing in (and out) of the little toilet. My little man.

I quickly assisted the little guy, and returned the wide grin he was so proudly offering me. While it wasn't much, it sent all three of us to our feet, arms in the air, stomping to the beat of cele-brate, cele-brate, cele-brate! I have never seen him more proud.

Now, I am no fool. This was a total fluke. Still, I am going to celebrate...and maybe cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.