Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I am rarely spontaneous

Throughout my life, I have always been a planner. When I was in High School, I knew where I wanted to go to College. When I bought my first car, I researched the purchase, and when our first daughter was born, we planned it. So, when I do something Spontaneous, it is rare. While others might get a wild hair to try a new restaurant for dinner, or splurge a little extra on an unplanned purchase, it seems my wild hairs generally require a fair degree of commitment.

Like the day I decided to move out West. I was sitting in the back seat of my brother's Jeep Wrangler, driving North on the 5, holding my hair back in a pony tail with my right hand. I still remember the fresh clean smell of the air. I moved all my belongings within weeks and stayed five years.

The day I decided I wanted to begin dating Joe. He had just arrived home from a wedding in Philly, we were on the front patio of our Apartment Complex in Oceanside, CA, and I told him to sit next to me. That was almost eight years ago.
The birth of our second child. The only thing planned was the accompanying c-section. I have no regrets!

And, this....my latest spontaneous move.
This is Penny. Joe and I went to get fish for the turtle last night, and I decided she had to come home with us. She is nine weeks old, and an Irish Setter (Field Trial).

As with the others...this move felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.