Thursday, April 29, 2010

Don't judge a banana by it's peel

Since bananas are a cheap and convenient dose of potassium, I typically always have them in the house, and send them in the kids lunches often. Only, lately, the kids have been boycotting them. I sent them two days in a row recently, only to have them returned both days.

So, last night, it hit me. I love a good steak, but I can't eat it every day. So, too, do the kids feel about bananas. For those of you who know me, I wasn't about to throw them away. Even after Katie had wrinkled her nose in disgust, claiming they were "yuckie and black".

So, I did what any Mom would do. I made up a moral story out of the three little bananas that nobody wanted to eat, and then threw them into the blender with some milk, ice, and a dash of vanilla creamer (nice suggestion, Daddy). These bananas, I explained, were special. They were meant for making banana shakes....the BEST banana shakes (wink, wink).
Katie still didn't looked convinced.

So, I dropped three straws in the glass, showing her that her brother and I too were going to enjoy the BEST banana treat. She used one breath to suck the shake up the straw, and when she came up for air...she looked amazed.....This is so good, Mommy!

And another...Sluuurrrppp...I love this ice cream!

One more time...Sluuurrrppp...These bananas are the BEST! Can we buy the black ones again?
Hit me again...Sluuurrrppp...You make the best shakes, Mom!

Uh huh. This was fun to watch. My job here is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.