Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Untitled post: A reminder from Chi-town

Hi Kiddos,

I peeked on you briefly before sneaking out of the house this morning. I could brush my fingers through your hair and across your cheeks for hours. I love to watch you sleep. You are so peaceful. Like angels.

But, tonight, I rest my head in Chicago with only sweet dreams of you.

This trip, I decided to lay low in the city. After a long day at work, I chose to retreat to my hotel room overlooking the Chicago River, sit in a big comfy chair, admire the beauty of Navy Pier, and smile at the thought of what the two of you must be doing.
Your beds are probably unmade, with today's clothes still laying on the floor, scattered where you dropped them in pursuit of the bath. I am sure damp towels lie on the bathroom floor, and colors collected in small piles across the kitchen counter next to the empty lunch boxes from the day at Ms Marci's. The two of you are probably hiding under blanketed forts, in mismatched jammies, laughing to the mischief of Looney Tunes, and begging for just one more cookie...again.

I smile at the thought of you enjoying this time with your Dad, and ask you to cherish it.

Now, go clean up your room. Mommy will be home tomorrow.
I love you. Mom

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! This is what I also envision happening at my house when I am away! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.