Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Kind of Town...

Hi my sweet ones,

As I promised in the Fall, this week I take you to Chicago. Since my job takes me to the Windy City often, and there is much to share, this will be the first in a series of posts about this fun city.

Chicago is the third largest city in the United States with nearly three million people. One of the things it is known for is its Theatre District, hosting shows like WICKED, Jersey Boys, and The Lion King. There is no shortage of good entertainment in this town.

Mommy's office is on the 21st floor of Michigan and Wacker. As the name suggests, Michigan Ave runs parallel to Lake Michigan. From this location, we have an incredible view of the Chicago River. Starting this weekend, the River will be dyed green...St Patrick's Day green. Just up the street, Mommy is staying in a hotel a few blocks from the Magnificent Mile. This is a Shopping District full of World Class Stores and unique boutiques, including the Oprah Store. While I am no shopper, it is something to see. Perhaps one day I will bring you along to help me appreciate it.
And finally, I share the Deep Dish Pizza. Simply...Yum.
With my belly full, it's time for me to go to bed. I miss you both and look forward to seeing you tomorrow night. Have a good day at school, Kate, and listen to your Daddy.
I love you both. Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.