Friday, January 23, 2009

"Did Darlene come?"

I am not sure if it was the fact that all her toys were picked up off the floor, or that the house was simply clean, but when my daughter walked in the door from daycare today and asked, "Did Darlene come?" I had to wonder what she was really suggesting. Was it that obvious that something was different? Did the house look that bad when she left this morning? I know she is not quite three, but kids speak the truth. Despite how unpleasant the comment, she is usually right. A little background...Darlene comes every other week to help clean the house because, one, that is about as long as it can go without being a complete disaster. Two, my husband and I both work full time and have two kids under the age of three. Three, well, I deserve it! It's my one luxury in life. Yep, no manis and pedis for me. Just send over a nice lady who is quick with a broom and has skill with a vacuum, and I am a happy camper. I did always like Mary Poppins...

Anyhow, I guess I was reminded this afternoon that kids speak the truth, and mine was saying, "Gee, Mom, the house looks great! So clean! I know you didn't do it. Did Darlene come?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.