Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, I have become my Mother after all...

As a young girl, I can remember my Mother telling me, "Apples don't fall far from the tree". I remember rolling my eyes in annoyance at her little proverb thinking I would never be like her. Well, I hate to admit it, but like all Mothers, she was right. My own little apple proved me wrong today.

Before we went to bed this evening, our youngest, Katie, stretched out her arm to point at the pile of clothes laying on the bathroom floor, and sternly stated, "Pick up your clothes, Daddy!" As her Dad turned to me in half laughter and half shock at the two foot tall mini-me barking the order, I couldn't help but shrug my shoulders and shake my head. "Apples don't fall far from the tree", I said. Hearing the words come out of my mouth, all I could think of was my Mother, her silly little proverb, and how much truth there was in it. Could I have become my Mother after all? It's a funny thing about apples...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.