Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cecil strikes again

Oh, these kids are the best! They keep me grinning from ear to ear, and many times make me cry. Tears of laughter are still falling from my cheeks as I type this. So, any typos can be blamed on my blurred vision.

I am proud to say we haven't had any casualties in the Clark Family fish tank in over six months! So, it was quite the surprise when we found "Sparky" (well, half of him), the largest goldfish, floating in the tank tonight.

This is how the conversation went:

Kate: Mommy, what happened to Sparky?

Mom: He must have gotten sick.

Kate: And, Cecil (Turtle) ate him?

Mom: I'm not sure, Honey. I think maybe he just got sick.

Kate (with her best stern brow): You better tell the truth, or your nose will grow!

Joe: BUSTED!



Two hours later on our way up the stairs...



Kate: Mommy, did Sparky die?

Mom: Yes, Honey. I think he went to Fishy Heaven to see Jesus. Maybe Jesus just needed a fishy friend.

Kate: Jesus needs a dead fish?

Mom (holding back laughter): Ummm...let's go brush your teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.