Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Believe

The older I get, the more and more I have found myself frequently inspired by STRONG women. Women whose stories have been peppered with health battles, financial woes, and fights that are unfamiliar to me. Women who remind me what it means to be a woman, and of the fortune I have in life. That fortune of which no monetary value could replace.

Recently, I was introduced to an incredible young woman. In May 2008, at the age of 27, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Less than one year later, in April 2009, after enduring a mastectomy, chemotherapy, and radiation, doctors discovered the cancer had spread to her brain. Despite the events of the last year and her honest prognosis, she has remained upbeat, remembers to smile, pushes through the rough days to enjoy the good, and understands that laughter and love is the best medicine!

I have always believed the people you meet in life, you meet for a reason...good or bad. For this one incredibly inspiring young woman, I believe in her fight, I believe in her will to live, I believe she is teaching me, like so many others, to live like there's endless possibilities. The smile on her face simply makes me believe in the fight for a cure...

So, on Saturday, September 12, I am walking three miles in a benefit walk to support awareness of the disease and support my new friend...one incredibly strong young woman.

If you, too, believe in the cause, and wish to support the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and this incredible young woman, you can sponsor me in the walk. Any amount of donation is appreciated, and can be donated via paypal.com to joeclark21@yahoo.com.

Thank you for believing.

1 comment:

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.